Next Step Communications is searching for a fun, hard-working and creative Account Executive to join our team! We are a national award winning public relations agency based in the Greater Boston area and work with a wide range of healthcare companies most commonly identified within the medical technology, healthcare IT and clinical services sectors. We value people that are passionate, driven, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and like to have a good laugh.
An Account Associate is an entry-level position and applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in communications or a closely related field, and have had at least two internships. An ideal candidate should have strong writing skills, be highly organized, possess working knowledge of social media and an interest in healthcare technology.
We are a small team where the founders work with all team members on a daily basis. The AA role is key to supporting the team and clients alike, and the individual must be able to handle multiple requests at one time. Proactivity, a positive attitude, and attention to detail will lead to rapid advancement! Professional growth is based on merit and is not restricted by length of service and/or other metrics used by traditional agencies.
We are located in Dedham Square and currently working under a hybrid workplace model, where employees work remotely three days a week and the remainder in the office.
- Monitor the media for breaking news and client coverage
- Research media contacts and opportunities
- Develop solid understanding of relevant media and industry trends and be able to relate them to client situations
- Start cultivating relationships with key industry media
- Assist with social media campaign management
- Write blog posts, patient profiles, press releases and other communications on behalf of clients
Qualities and Skills
- Team-player personality
- Ability to learn new topics and tasks quickly
- Calmness under pressure and ability to deliver to set deadlines
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken)
- Attention to detail
- Flexible attitude
- Sense of humor and member of Red Sox Nation
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or another business-related field, and have completed at least two PR-focused internships. NSC offers a competitive salary and benefits package, based on experience.
Why Next Step?
- Competitive salary + merit-based bonuses
- Health benefits, Simple IRA plan and monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Unlimited vacation policy and generous holiday calendar
- Summer Fridays, 3pm close on Fridays from Memorial Day – Labor Day
- Opportunity to take on new responsibilities and define your own role
- Professional growth doesn’t adhere to set timelines – hard work is recognized in real time
- Chance to be a part of a supportive, challenging and exciting professional environment that rewards dedication and craft excellence
- We find the fun! Monthly socials and company outings encourage team bonding
Sound interesting? Drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) telling us about yourself and why this job is a fit for you.