NEXT STEP COMMUNICATIONS IS A FAST-GROWING, HEALTHCARE PR AGENCY BASED IN DEDHAM, MA. WE’RE LOOKING FOR A BRIGHT AND DRIVEN UNDERGRADUATE WHO’S INTERESTED IN LEARNING ABOUT HEALTHCARE PR.
Our 12-week internship offers the unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience supporting both our team and the clients we represent. An ideal candidate should have strong writing skills, be highly organized, possess working knowledge of social media and an interest in healthcare technology.
- Monitor the media for industry and client news
- Research media contacts and opportunities
- Participate in brainstorms and planning sessions
- Create coverage reports about press clippings and PR activities
- Generate briefing sheets for clients
QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Team-player personality
- Ability to learn new topics and tasks quickly
- Calmness under pressure and ability to deliver to set deadlines
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken)
- Attention to detail
- Flexible attitude
- Sense of humor and member of Red Sox Nation
- None required! An interest in communications, healthcare or the intersection of the two is a major plus.
If you’re interested in applying for this internship, send your resume and brief explanation (200 words or less) of why you would be a good fit for this position to Cassie Smith, email@example.com
Next Step Communications is a thriving PR startup based in Dedham, MA. Next Step partners with healthcare companies most commonly identified in the healthcare IT, clinical service and medtech sectors. Every client has a ‘next step’ as they view the horizon with product launches, strategic customer references, important data milestones, major conferences, funding/M&A activity or just a timely story that dovetails industry trends. Regardless of the moment in time, an experienced communications partner helps maximize the opportunity and create sustainable marketing advantage.