Next Step Communications is searching for a fun, hard-working and creative Account Executive to join our team! We are a national award winning public relations agency based in the Greater Boston area and work with a wide range of healthcare companies most commonly identified within the medtech, healthcare IT and clinical services sectors. We value people that are passionate, driven, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and like to have a good laugh.
Account Executives should have one to two years of agency experience, established media relations skills and an understanding of digital + social media. Creating content across varying marketing channels plays a big role in all client work so you should feel confident writing about industry related topics and promoting clients on social media. You should be comfortable working closely with team members to execute day-to-day strategy and help clients meet their goals.
We are a small team that offers a unique opportunity to take on new responsibilities that not only impact clients, but also contribute to the business in a real way. It is a results oriented environment and every client relationship is different – it’s your job to understand those nuances. We are a tight knit team and the founders work with all team members on a daily basis. Professional growth is based on merit and is not restricted by length of service and / or other metrics used by traditional agencies.
Our physical office is located in Dedham Square, however, due to the pandemic our team is working remotely.
Role / Responsibilities:
- Media Relations – identify new media opportunities, generate proactive pitches and cultivate relationships across key trade and business media.
- Social and Digital Media – demonstrate an understanding of these channels and how they can support PR and marketing efforts.
- Client Servicing – actively participate on client PR calls and provide insight into media opportunities and journalists.
- Content Creation – ability to write clear, concise and timely content on behalf of clients. This includes pitches, press releases, blog posts, bylined articles and briefing pages.
- Agency Growth – contribute to new business proposals and presentations.
Why Next Step?
- Competitive salary + merit-based bonuses
- Health benefits, Simple IRA plan and $50 monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy and holiday calendar
- Summer Fridays, 3pm close on Fridays from Memorial Day – Labor Day
- Opportunity to take on new responsibilities and define your own role
- Professional growth doesn’t adhere to set timelines – hard work is recognized in real time
- Chance to be a part of a supportive, challenging and exciting professional environment that rewards dedication and craft excellence
- We find the fun! Monthly socials and company outings encourage team bonding
Sound interesting? Drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) telling us about yourself and why this job is a fit for you.