Join our team!
Next Step Communications is searching for a fun, hard-working and creative Account Executive to join our team! If you like telling stories, counting plates at the Chinese buffet and team bowling events, we could be meant to be. Next Step is a growing public relations agency based in the Greater Boston area. We work with a wide range of healthcare companies most commonly identified within the medtech, healthcare IT and clinical services sectors. We value people that are passionate, driven, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and like to have a good laugh.
We’re growing fast and there is plenty of room for you to grow with us. Account Executives should have at least two years of experience in an agency setting, preferably in the healthcare sector. As a flat organization, Next Step offers a unique opportunity to take on new responsibilities that not only impact clients, but also contribute to the business in a real way. We are a tightknit team and the founders work with all team members on a daily basis. Professional growth is based on merit and is not restricted by length of service and / or other metrics used by traditional agencies.
Storytelling is at the heart of every campaign, so Account Executives should have a passion for helping clients find and execute the right message to raise awareness. AE’s drive the media relations programs so should already have relationships with industry journalists and be able to envision larger, “big picture” strategies. Next Step is a results-oriented environment and every client relationship is different – it’s the AE’s job to work with the team to understand those nuances and help clients meet their goals.
Role / Responsibilities:
- Media Relations – identify new media opportunities, generate proactive pitches and cultivate relationships across key trade and business media.
- Social and Digital Media – demonstrate an understanding of these channels and how they can support PR and marketing efforts.
- Client Servicing – actively participate on client PR calls and provide insight into media opportunities and journalists.
- Content Creation – ability to write clear, concise and timely content on behalf of clients. This includes pitches, press releases, blog posts, bylined articles and briefing pages.
- Agency Leadership – ability to hone leadership skills through coaching and mentoring junior teammates.
- Agency Growth – contribute to new business proposals and presentations.
Why Next Step?
- Competitive salary + merit-based bonuses
- Health benefits, Simple IRA plan and $50 monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy and holiday calendar
- Summer Fridays, 3pm close on Fridays from Memorial Day – Labor Day
- Opportunity to take on new responsibilities and define your own role
- Professional growth doesn’t adhere to set timelines – hard work is recognized in real-time
- Chance to be a part of a supportive, challenging and exciting professional environment that rewards dedication and craft excellence
- We find the fun! Monthly socials and company outings encourage team bonding
Sound interesting? Drop us an email (email@example.com) telling us about yourself and why this job is a fit for you.